DR. ASHLEY WELLMAN is exactly the kind of person I want in charge if there is ever a *knock on wood* crisis situation. Her warmth and sincerity immediately put me at ease and it really felt like I was having a conversation with a friend that I had known for years, rather than someone I had met just five minutes before I hit the record button on the Zoom call. And it’s a good thing too. Talking about a topic as heavy as grief is not easy, nor would it usually be considered fun. But Dr. Wellman’s sense of humor, love of puns, and willingness to share her work as a Criminologist and her own story made it just that.
Her new book “The Girl Who Dances with Skeletons: My Friend Fresno” (which I’ve already ordered, along with the adorable plush doll) is on sale now. Thank you for speaking with us, Ashley!
GET TO KNOW DR. ASHLEY WELLMAN
1. My name is: Ashley Wellman.
2. The first thing I do when I wake up is: pour a cup of dark, strong coffee (or 3)!
3. One self-care routine I have is: a long, hot bath with relaxing music or a guided meditation.
4. I can't live without: my creativity.
5. If I had one week to escape I would: turn off all electronics, catch up on sleep, and take time to truly regroup/ground myself.
6. One thing I would do if I knew I couldn't fail: I 'd travel the world as an author and speaker, engaging in new experiences, learning about new people and places, and creating magical memories/educational moments with my little girl.